Letter to Members
Announcement from Wheat Growers Board President
The Boards of Directors at North Central Farmers Elevator and Wheat Growers have each approved revisiting the unification opportunity that was considered by the cooperatives two years ago. In large part, our board’s decision is based on input we have received from member-producers who have told us the time is right to reexamine the potential unification.
A lot has changed over the past two years. Among these changes, we’re all aware the ag economy has turned downward. That downturn at the farm level is affecting farmer profitability, and the farm level impacts are affecting both co-ops’ profitability as well. At the same time, add in several mega-mergers, increased competition locally and globally, and a drought year that will likely affect our yields negatively at harvest.
Meanwhile, the potential advantages of a unification that we identified previously still exist, even more so today given all of the market changes and pressures.
As we enter this two-week comment period, it is essential that we hear from our members. We are inviting you to share your feedback – both positive or negative. You can do so in the following ways:
- Contact one of the Wheat Growers board members
- E-mail any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will compile all comments received and carefully consider them as we proceed with the next steps to refresh the data, benefits and opportunities of a potential unification. Following the reexamination process, both boards will determine whether to proceed to a vote of the membership.
In the interim, we would appreciate your support for this process as we decide if this decision is right for our two organizations.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Board President, Wheat Growers
Wheat Growers Board Member Contact Info
- Equipment for Sale
- New DP Program For Corn & Soybeans
- No Contracting Fees for Fall 2017
- Grain Marketing App
- Test Plot Results
- 2017 Annual Meeting
- Wheat Growers Welcomes AGP
- McLaughlin Bin Construction Timelapse
- Clemensen Named NCFC Director of the Year
- Notice of Unclaimed Property
- Now Accepting New Crop 2017 Xtend Soybeans
- Dicamba and Xtend Update
- Wheat Growers CEO Dale Locken to Retire
- WG News - Go Electronic!
- Zero Tolerance On Treated Seed In Grain
- Letter to Members
- Boards Approve Member Vote on Unification
- Members Approve Unification
- Precision Summit
- Member Letter
- New Cooperative Leadership Team Announced